Monday, June 22, 2009

On My Curiosity Table

I love my coffee table. Lane found it at a thrift store years ago for $20. There's probably not an inch on it that's not scratched or scraped...and it has a big crack running from one side to the other. Some day we'll refinish it...but until then... it's 4.5' x 4.5' of surface to display the things I enjoy looking at.
This month is a bit more minimalist than usual...an amazing crow sculpture and wire nest by artist Tory Brokenshire, beautiful rocks collected and tumbled by Lane's mother, an inkwell that takes me back to a calligraphy weekend shared with good friends, an antique map and books, and an old scrapbook that has poems and engravings pasted inside.
What's on your coffee table?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Vay! So good to hear from you. I think of you so often :) Your blog is way cool - I'll be marking it as one of my favorites and checking back often. Hopefully you'll do the same with mine. I'd love to see some pics f your family!